On behalf of our client, a leading industrial company, we are seeking an experienced Accounting Director to develop a European Accounting function based in Geneva.
A strong experience life sciences sector is required with, a strong US GAAP knowledge and experience with SAP is mandatory.
This is a key position for an ambitious finance professional who is motivated to contribute to the development of an accounting function whilst providing financial, and strategic direction to support the growth and vision of the company.
- Develop the existing accounting team to support the business functions.
- Manage both local and US GAAP accounting across the region.
- Liaise and manage service providers for accounting and payroll services.
- Assist with the development of new legal entities.
- Develop accounting policies, procedures, processes and systems.
- Manage audits including internal, US and local GAAP and SOX reviews.
- Assist with the procure to pay cycle.
- Drive system and business practice improvements.
- 15 to 20 years' experience in accounting with a strong technical knowledge of US GAAP with a financial accounting background.
- Proven relevant accounting experience at senior management level and experience in establishing and building an accounting function.
- Experience with third party logistics, costing and transfer pricing.
- Excellent technical and analytical skills within financial accounting and an understanding of other business disciplines.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills. Autonomous, persistent and results orientated.
- Degree in finance, business, or a related subject.
- Expertise in SAP.
- Eligible to work in Switzerland.